Friday 13 October 2017

My Idea Pitch




Overall I feel my pitch went really well. I was able to establish a clear idea of the video I want to produce at the end of this project and was able to establish to the people I was pitching too how my video can become a successful marketing tool. I feel I was able to address all the concerns I had and how I would overcome them. In addition it also gave me further ideas on how I want the video to unfold. Feedback from my presentation helped me to address potential problems I had not yet thought about and I was able to create solutions on the spot which helped strengthen and finalise my video. Creating practical ways in which I would achieve my final vision, converting it into reality.

After evaluating my idea i pitched I decided to evolve and redesign the idea completely in order to steer away from stereotypes and existing videos bands of a similar outreach have produced. My new idea would be to produce a video conveying a love story however I am choosing to show the love story through a typical boy girl romance. My concept would follow a mans journey with his car. How initially it wouldnt start and the story would be his quest trying to fix it to eventually prosper and fix the car. The journey would represent the pain love brings and would help portray a realistic version of love and once again steer away from existing stereotypes. This would allow me to link to the suffering evident in the song through the lyrics without directly following them and just focusing on the concept they would imply. I felt this narrative idea would be far more effective at standing out as a music video as it does not link to the focus of most videos in my genre focusing on love between people. By showing this narrative as oppose to the stereotype narrative concept it would be more engaging and less predictable and more intriguing for an audience who despite potentially knowing the outcome of the narrative. It would have a greater impact due to its niche narrative concept.

2 comments:

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.