Thursday 29 March 2018

Digipak ideas.

For my Digipak I wanted to establish a connection between the album and the music video so my marketing campaign would focus equally on the narrative the video establishes helping iconise the car as a symbol of the album. This is controversial within most small indie groups as they often wish to focus more on iconography and establishing an image of the band. To help implement this element into my Digipak I would also use photos I have acquired of the band performing in order to create a balance between the iconography of the band and link to the music video. By creating a link between the Digipak and narrative element of the video I felt it would carry across the meaning of the song to the whole album giving it a more emotional connection which could mean people are more inclined to purchase the album. On the back of the album I used shots from the end of a gig (crowd surfing) to almost create a story through the Digipak. Being that you would chronologically look at the back as the final part of the Digipak it made sense to have this being created as like the end of the performance. I felt it also would give a greater emotional enhancement to the songs listed on the back cover. Inside the album I wanted to show mid performance as I thought with the case being open there would be a strong chance the CD would then be played so being able to reference the band mid performance whilst listening to the music. Creating a more direct link between the band and music its self. I may experiment with outlining some elements of the Digipak using a similar tracing method to that used in the actual video which would further create a link between the two, creating continuity across my marketing campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.